According to Article 5 of the Interior Design and Construction Regulation (Construction and Planning Agency, Ministry of the Interior): the following person/organization may offer interior design and/or construction services:
- A legally-registered architect may engage in interior design work,
- A legally-registered construction firm may engage in interior construction work, and
- An interior design or construction firm may engage in interior design or construction work.
Article 9: A firm engaging in interior design or construction is required to have the following professional technicians on staff:
- A firm engaging in interior design: one or more professional design technicians,
- A firm engaging in interior construction: one or more professional construction technicians.
- A firm engaging in interior design and construction: one or more professional design and construction technicians respectively or one or more professional technicians certified for both interior design and construction practices.
An interior design and/or construction firm shall provide a name bearing words such as “interior design and/or construction”.
In simple terms, a legally-registered interior design firm should have a name bearing the words “interior design” and the firm must have professional staff certified for design and/or construction.
Interior design is a profession requiring special certification: Many establishments soliciting interior design and construction businesses in the market are actually registered for general business category. Legally speaking, they are not legitimate interior design companies governed and managed by the Construction and Planning Administration, Ministry of the Interior.
Our company registration: professional license interior design technician No. 40E1001470
✆Service hotline: 04-23380975 Mr. Tsai